Accessing COVID-19 Response Funds for your Community
BBCF has partnered with Hope Credit Union to facilitate a recoverable grant program for cities and counties to assist city and county leaders in accessing allocations of CARES Act money made available to them through the State of Alabama. The following Black Belt counties and the cities therein are eligible for this recoverable grant program: Bullock, Butler, Choctaw, Clarke, Conecuh, Dallas, Greene, Hale, Lowndes, Macon, Marengo, Monroe, Perry, Pickens, Sumter and Wilcox.
- Complete the application
- Include the following documents:
- Certification and Assurance to the State
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Reimbursement Request Form with quotes/invoices that it intends to submit to the State of Alabama for reimbursement
- Confirmation that expenses are reimbursable by the State
- Resolution or motion approving entering a grant agreement with BBCF
- Set up an account on Bill.comto expedite payments
- Sign the recoverable grant agreement
- Review “Application Guideline”
Remember: If the State determines that expenses incurred are not reimbursable, the city or county government is responsible for repayment of the recoverable grant to BBCF in full.
Please send the required attachments to the Black Belt Community Foundation via email to CARES@blackbeltfound.org or by fax to 334-874-1131. The Black Belt Community Foundation can be reached by phone at 334-874-1126 ext. 113.